Transition to IFRS for LSE-listed technology company
An IFRS transition project for an international technology group listed on the London Stock Exchange and required to prepare their financial statements following IFRS from 2005. AE were referred to the company by their auditors to manage the transition project, design and implement IFRS-compliant accounting policies, and provide in-house IFRS training.
- Provide start-to-finish project management and delivery for the transition
- Ensure that the IFRS transition was completed within the regulatory deadlines
- Design and deliver in-depth IFRS training to internal staff following the implementation
- Move the payroll processing to a (tried & tested) specialist payroll bureau and resolve any outstanding issues
- Discuss management reporting output and timelines, providing IFRS compliant accounting information
We worked closely with the finance team to deliver the transition project and provide appropriate in-house training.
- Liaised closely with staff at head office (UK) and across the worldwide subsidiaries to complete IFRS impact assessments
- Designed and implemented IFRS-compliant accounting policies
- Determined IFRS transition adjustments
- Liaised with the company’s auditors and provided answers to their questions
- Prepared IFRS compliant annual (and interim) financial statements, with full disclosures
- Designed and delivered IFRS training tailored to the company’s requirement, including worked examples and exercises