Online finance systems and software for AIM-listed Oil & Gas exploration company
With staff and advisors based both in the US & UK, and the need to support remote working, the client had previously selected an industry-specific online accounting package (IntegraEnergy). AE were commissioned following the initial product selection & procurement to support and deliver the implementation and integration of the software.
- To improve reporting: the company needed to export useable reports and transaction data to facilitate ease of data-interrogation and management reporting analysis
- Data for regulatory and tax reporting needed to be produced quickly and efficiently
- The client wanted to facilitate remote working and international system accessibility by authorised people, whilst ensuring that data was stored securely and backed up offsite
The project was broken down into eight main tasks:.
- Evaluation of the group’s existing finance systems and production of a specification document detailing the functionality required, opportunities for improvements, types of transactions and data, and reporting needs
- Gap analysis: a comparison of the new system and the requirements from (1). Where limitations were found, solutions were developed to maximise efficiency of data processing
- Detailed transaction-type planning, including invoices, credit notes, cheque writing and industry-specific transactions such as revenue distribution and product tracking
- Definition of the initial list of reports needed from the system and the data required to generate these reports
- Set up of a test company to ensure the entries record correctly in the software, and that reporting was streamlined
- After validation, core data creation, including chart of accounts, business entities and bank accounts
- Population of opening balances with clean year-end data
- Generation of final reports from the old system to ensure a full auditable transaction history is maintained